Go to the Indiana Digital Media website to download FREE videos on your Windows device.
- Help from OverDrive
- If you need assistance, when we are open call 349-3228 or use Reference Chat or you can send an email any time.
- Sign up for a 1 hour One on One Help Session
Checking Out Video Files
- Go to Indiana Digital Media site.
- Search for titles of interest via one of the following methods:
- Browse the new releases on the Indiana Digital Media OverDrive homepage
- Click the Browse links on the left side of the page, and browse titles by Genre or by Format.
- Click the 'Search' link in the dark red navigation bar below the Indiana Digital Media logo at the top of the page, and use the search interface to search by title, author (i.e. director or actor), keyword, etc
- When you find a video you like, click on the "add to cart" link (if the item is available) or the "place a hold" link (if all copies of an item are currently checked out.
- If you are adding an item to a cart, you will be asked whether you want to continue browsing or to proceed to checkout. If you choose to continue browsing, repeat Steps 2 & 3. If you choose to checkout the item, move on to Step 4
- If you are placing a hold and have not yet signed in to the Indiana Digital Media site, you will be asked to sign in (note: use your library card PIN). You will then be asked to enter your email address. Finally, click the "place a hold" button.
- When you're ready to checkout, click on the "Proceed to Checkout" link (it will appear whether you're viewing your cart, or the last item you selected).
- If you are placing a hold and have not yet signed in to the Indiana Digital Media site, you will be asked to sign in (note: use your library card PIN).
- If you have not yet signed in to the Indiana Digital Media site, you will be asked to sign in (note: use your library card PIN). Now, simply review the titles in your cart and click the "Confirm check out" button.
- Click the "Download" button for each title to save it to your computer.
- Designate that your computer open the files in the OverDrive Media Console at this point.
- When the save completes, the OverDrive Media Console that you should have already installed on your computer will open up. You will see a "Get Media" prompt. Click the "OK" button.
- If you're this is the first time you've downloaded video via the Indiana Digital Media OverDrive site, you'll be prompted to create a folder on your computer for these files. Do so.
- Select the parts of the video you want to download (the default selects them all), and click the "OK" button.
- The download will begin. You can check the status of your download along the bottom of the OverDrive window.