Try Some Fun Ways to Practice Your Reading Skills ...
- Free Rice: English Vocabulary - freerice.com/
See how many words you know.
- Funbrain: Word Games - funbrain.com/
Find games for elementary age children to practice spelling, vocabulary and more.
- Kid's Review - mcpl.info/childrens/
Tell us about a story that you have read and we'll put your review on our Web site!
- MysteryNet's KidsMysteries - kids.mysterynet.com/
Read a mystery story and see if you can solve it!
- PBS Kids : Literacy Games - pbskids.org/games/reading/
Choose from a variety of games that practice literacy skills ranging from letter recognition to rhyming.
- Professor Garfield - professorgarfield.org/pgf_home.html
Jump into the Reading Ring, or visit the Comics Lab - just two of the fun activities to try at this site.
- Storybird - storybird.com/
Try creating your own story at this site where you can choose pictures and write your own words to tell a story. Or, read a story someone else has created.
- Storyline Online - storylineonline.net/
Watch and listen to stories read by actors. See if you can answer questions about the stories at the end.
- TumbleBooks - www.tumblebooks.com
Read a story or play a literacy game at this site featuring stories in English, French and Spanish.
- Wacky Web Tales - eduplace.com/tales/
Fill in the blanks with words that fit the suggested parts of speech and see what kind of silly story results!
- Word Central Games - wordcentral.com/games.html
Spelling and vocabulary games for children from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
|Note to Parents and Teachers:|
|Please find additional resources on our page of ideas for Helping Your Child with Reading.