Since 1977, the Monroe County Public Library has been home to one of the first library-based adult literacy programs in Indiana. Adults in VITAL improve their literacy skills to achieve their personal learning goals and dreams.
Free tutoring, for adults provided by VITAL trained volunteers:
- One-to-One Adult Literacy tutoring to improve reading, writing, comprehension, and basic math skills.
- One-to-One English as a New Language (ENL) tutoring for beginning ENL learners. (if available, tutors may work with more advanced ENL learners)
- ENL Conversation Groups for ENL learners with intermediate or higher English conversation skills. Participants practice speaking and listening skills.
- About our learners 
- For new learners 
- More Literacy Organizations 
- Current VITAL Newsletter 
VITAL tutors have helped thousands of people achieve greater success in life through literacy. No experience necessary, training is provided. After training tutors are matched with a learner in their area of interest. Tutors are asked to commit to 2-3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
32nd Annual VITAL Quiz Bowl trivia competition - (fundraiser for the library's adult literacy program) If you missed it watch for re-airings on CATS Channel 3. Congratulations to this year's winners "Rag Tag Band of Misfits" and thank you to all of our competitors, supporters, and volunteers.
(Donations to VITAL are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.)
|2015QuizBowlResults.pdf ||338.95 KB|