|Do you have materials you'd like to donate to the Friends of the Library bookstore? Great! Here are some facts to keep in mind.|
What We Accept
We always need books—old or new, unopened or well-loved. Cassette tapes, artwork, VHS movies, DVDs, music CDs and vinyl records are also gladly accepted. If you have magazines you'd like to donate, please call us first at (812) 349-3083, because our needs vary.
Guidelines for Donations
The Friends of the Library Bookstore welcomes donations of gently used
- popular & scholarly books,
- children's books
- recorded books (cassette tapes or CDs)
- movies (VHS or DVDs)
- music (records, cassette tapes, or CDs)
- current magazines
Please do not donate
- Text books that are more than 20 yrs old
- Books that are damaged, including those that have
- Loose or missing pages
- Mold that you can see or smell
- Water damage
- Annual publications (like travel guides, almanacs, test preparation guides) which are more than 5 years old)
- Encyclopedias or computer manuals more than 5 years old
(However we accept children's encyclopedias of any age.)
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
These materials can be recycled at the warehouse of
Where to Take Donations
You may donate in several ways at the checkout desks and the Bookstore.
- Bring materials to either checkout desk at the Main Library any time the Library is open. View hours. 
- If you only have a few bags or boxes, you may bring them to the Ellettsville Branch any time the Library is open. View hours. 
- Bring materials to the Drive Thru window at the Main Library. View hours. 
- Bring materials directly to the Friends of the Library Bookstore when it is open. View hours. 
- Call 812-349-3083 to arrange for material to be picked up from your home.
If you have questions about these guidelines or about making a donation to the Friends of the Library Bookstore, please call 812-349-3083.
Thank you for your donations. Proceeds from the sale of donated materials go to support Library programs.