Want to start a book club? Looking for new titles for your existing club? The Monroe County Public Library has started a new service to support local book clubs. "It's in the Bag" allows a patron with a library card in good standing to borrow one bag for an 8-week period. These bags contain 8 copies of a title, discussion questions, a list of readalikes, reviews, and biographical information about the author. Whenever possible, the bags will be enriched with informative and entertaining material—DVDs, cookbooks, and other background items.
Call the MCPL reference desk at 812-349-3228 and say that you are interested in borrowing a book bag. We will take your contact information and someone will get back to you within a few days. You may pick up and return your bag to the Adult Teen Services Reference Desk on the 2nd floor. Bring your library card when you come to check out. The bags may only be picked up and returned to the MCPL Main Library.
We hope you will try out this new service. As always we look forward to your input. Titles available are:
- A Place in Time by Wendell Berry
- Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women’s Literary Society by Amy Hill Hearth
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Mr Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Invention of Wings by Sue Kidd
- Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- Mystery of Edmund Drood by Charles Dickens
- Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman