This program offers kids under 18 years of age with $10 or more in library fines a simple and fun way to clear their fines by reading.
It's as easy as 1-2-3.
- Borrow one book, magazine or audiobook with your library card.
- Just come in and tell a librarian: I want to read it off.
- Get recommendations at any Information Desk.
- Check your item out and take it home.
- Tip for younger kids: Ask a parent or an older brother or sister to read to you.
- BUT WAIT! Don't put it in a return slot.
- Take it back to the Information Desk and show a librarian.
- The librarian will give you a COUPON to take to the Checkout Desk.
- Give your coupon and your item to the checkout clerk, who will take $5 off your library fines.
YES! It's that easy.
- Want to erase all of your fines? Choose another book, magazine or audiobook. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Still reading off your fines but want to read more? You can check out eBook downloads . You can't get fines for eBooks and they automatically expire on the due date.
349-3100, Children's Services
349-3228, Adult/Teen Services
876-1272, Ellettsville Branch Library
Need more time to finish what you're reading? Call 349-3090 to renew your item!