Creating a List of Titles
Sometimes we stumble upon a title in the catalog that we'd like to checkout, but--for any number of reasons--we're not able or ready to check it out. Happily, the MCPL catalog has a built-in feature that allows you to create a list of titles that you can access at any time via your account. Follow the instructions below to learn how to create a list of titles that you can refer back to by simply logging into your account:
- Search for the title in the catalog.
- To the right of the title listing in the catalog, you should see a link labeled 'Add to My List'.
- Click on this link.
- The name of your title should now appear on the left side of the screen under the heading 'My Lists'. At present this list is a "working list".
- If you want to add other titles to the list, simply repeat steps 1-3.
- When you're ready to save your list, click on the 'Show list details...' link beneath your working list.
- If you are not logged into your account, click the 'Log in' link, and sign in using your library card number and your password.
- Use the dropdown menu in the lower right corner of the item record to select '[New List]', then click the 'Move to:' link.
- Name your list, then click the 'Create List' button.
- Move any other titles from your working list to the newly created list by clicking on 'Show list details...' link beneath the working list (refer to step 6), and then repeating step 8.
As you continue to work with title lists, you can always add more titles to an existing list or create a new list. To add more titles to an existing list, search for the title, click the 'Add to my list' link (see steps 2-3 above), then repeat step 10 above.
To access your lists, simply log into your account, click the 'My Lists' link that appears on the green toolbar along the top of the page (note: the 'Search' tab must be selected), and use the 'Show List' dropdown menu to choose which list you want to view.