The purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota is:
- TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
- TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
- TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
- TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater.
- TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
Meets on the second Sunday of the month October- February, first Sunday of the month March, April and May.
A Junior Music Club sponsored by Friday Musicale, Bloomington Chapter of the National Federation of Music clubs. For grades 6, 7, and 8.
Meets on the second Sunday of the month October- February, first Sunday of the month March, April and May. Meeting locations vary.
Indiana University's famed Marching Hundred is the product of a tradition which dates back to the organization of the first band at Indiana in 1896. Originally founded to provide recreation for interested students, the 22-piece band of 1896 grew to 47 members by 1913. Each season the Marching Hundred performs live before thousands of fans as well as for national television and radio audiences. The band produces video and audio tapes of its outstanding performances each year.
Sherwood Oaks Christian Church
2700 E. Rogers Road
Bloomington, IN 47401
Formerly known as the Hoosier Tonecutters. Sounds of Indiana Chorus is a male barbershop chorus that rehearses every Tuesday, 7-9 p.m. in the small chapel at Sherwood Oaks Christian Church. Visitors are always welcome to join us for a night of fun, fellowship, and great barbershop harmony.
Tuba and euphonium players are again invited to participate in one or more of the TUBACHRISTMAS concerts/events presented throughout the world. Help achieve maximum participation for your area's TUBACHRISTMAS concert. Your efforts will be appreciated by tuba and euphonium players everywhere.
IU School of Music Room
Bloomington, IN 46208
The Indiana University New Music Ensemble dedicates its efforts to performing a broad spectrum of contemporary music, focusing on works from the past thirty years, but also presenting significant works from earlier in the 20th century. Along with solo, chamber, and large ensemble works by composers from around the world, a typical concert includes music by a guest composer and a work by a member of the Indiana University Composition Department, the latter of which is recorded soon after the concert.